PROPER 23 ( Oct 9 - Oct 15)
Page 738 Psalm 106 vss 1-6, 20-24
1. Praise the Lord;
O give thanks to the Lord for he is good :
and his mercy endures for ever.
2. Who can express the mighty acts of the Lord :
or fully voice his praise?
3. Blessed are those who act according to justice :
who at all times do the right.
4. Remember me O Lord
when you visit your people with your favour :
and come to me also with your salvation,
5. That I may see the prosperity of your chosen :
that I may rejoice with the rejoicing of your people,
and exult with those who are your own.
6. We have sinned like our fathers :
we have acted perversely and done wrong.
20. At Horeb they made themselves a calf :
and bowed down in worship to an image.
21. And so they exchanged the glory of God :
for the likeness of an ox that eats hay.
22. They forgot God who was their saviour :
that had done such great things in Egypt,
23. Who had worked his wonders in the land of Ham :
and his terrible deeds at the Red Sea.
24. Therefore he thought to destroy them :
had not Moses his servant stood before him in the breach *
to turn away his wrath from destroying them.
Glory to the Father...