Page 634 Psalm 27
1. The Lord is my light and my salvation* whom then shall I fear? :
the Lord is the stronghold of my life* of whom shall I be afraid?
2. When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes,
come upon me to devour me :
they shall stumble and fall.
3. If an army encamp against me, my heart shall not be afraid :
and if war should rise against me yet will I trust.
4. One thing I have asked from the Lord which I will require :
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
5. To see the fair beauty of the Lord :
and to seek his will in his temple.
6. For he will hide me under his shelter in the day of trouble :
and conceal me in the shadow of his tent, and set me high
upon a rock.
7. And now he will lift up my head :
above my enemies round about me.
8. And I will offer sacrifices in his sanctuary with exultation :
I will sing, I will sing praises to the Lord.
9. O Lord hear my voice when I cry :
have mercy upon me and answer me.
10. My heart has said of you ‘Seek his face’ :
your face Lord I will seek.
11. Do not hide your face from me :
or thrust your servant aside in displeasure;
12. For you have been my helper :
do not cast me away or forsake me O God of my salvation.
13. Though my father and my mother forsake me :
the Lord will take me up.
14. Teach me your way O Lord :
and lead me in an even path for they lie in wait for me.
15. Do not give me over to the will of my enemies :
for false witnesses have risen against me,
and those who breathe out violence.
16. But I believe that I shall surely see the goodness of the Lord :
in the land of the living.
17. O wait for the Lord, stand firm and he will strengthen your heart :
and wait I say for the Lord.
Glory to the Father..